Thursday 22 February 2018

you make flowers bloom in the saddest parts of me

you're like that limited edition makeup i laid eyes on and couldn't stop thinking about
but didn't save up enough to get you on launch day
so I convinced myself I didn't need you, you're just a want not a need
days go by
and then people started posting pictures of you, glorious, pretty,
everything I need, maybe?
but it was already too late, you were already out of stock.

maybe if I needed you that much I should've just taken the plunge and spent my savings on you,
maybe I should've just dived without thinking of the consequences
maybe if I had taken a chance I wouldn't be in this predicament

wondering, pondering, thinking
if I had just splurged, would I be happier now? or would you be just another makeup in my pile.

I wish that were true.
and when I say that, I mean that
I wish you were like makeup
so easy to obtain, so easy to have.
All I had to do was save up, and you're mine.

but you're not makeup
you're much more than that

maybe you're that limited edition makeup I laid eyes on and couldn't stop thinking about
so I cashed out all my savings and went to the store to make you mine
but by the time I arrived
you sold out.






No comments: