Monday 9 December 2013

if you ever come back

you were in love when I met you
and I was just a silly girl who needed to learn how to breathe.
I watched you fall apart the summer after she broke your heart
and I would have given everything I had to keep you together,
to give you the breath I had so desperately just gotten back.
you don’t know this,
but I would go mute, everyday for the rest of my life,
as long as I could hear your voice, have your hands in mine, 
and know what it feels like to have you love me
the way that I love you.
if the power went out all over the world,
I would pack a bag and spend my days walking towards
you. 
you are who I think about when everything goes dead
when everything breathes life
when everyone forgets.






 
Amanda Helm - You don’t know this 







this is beautiful. people who can write such sad words inspire me. I wish i'm half as talented as them.

No comments: